Hunting Lodge Story
Since 1870, when the Portuguese Royal family chose Cascais for their Summer residence, Quinta da Marinha was the most preferred setting where members of the Royal family would go for riding carriages, horseback riding and picnics. Dom Carlos, had many talents and passions, he loved the sea, science and was also a great painter. One of his favourite hobbies was hunting so he decided to build this Hunting Lodge in the late XIX century to be the hub during his hunting adventures in Quinta da Marinha.
The Hunting Lodge was established as the place for the King’s hunting equipment and to host elaborate meals for himself and his guests over the years. Keeping the nobility and energy of its history, the Hunting Lodge has been renovated and refurbished a few times since and today it is na elegant location for some memorable dining and events.